Children – Tax Tips

If your child is both employed and pursuing higher education at a university or TAFE, they may be eligible to deduct certain expenses, provided there is a significant link between their coursework and their assessable income.

Examples of Eligible Expenses

  • Depreciation of assets like computers, desks, and bookshelves used for educational purposes
  • Costs associated with purchasing journals, periodicals, stationery, textbooks
  • Photocopying and printing expenses

Expenses That Do Not Qualify for Deductions

  • Tuition fees payable under HELP
  • Repayments of outstanding HELP debts


Leave a Reply