If your child is both employed and pursuing higher education at a university or TAFE, they may be eligible to deduct certain expenses, provided there is a significant link between their coursework and their assessable income.
Examples of Eligible Expenses
- Depreciation of assets like computers, desks, and bookshelves used for educational purposes
- Costs associated with purchasing journals, periodicals, stationery, textbooks
- Photocopying and printing expenses
Expenses That Do Not Qualify for Deductions
- Tuition fees payable under HELP
- Repayments of outstanding HELP debts