Other work-related deductions – Tax Tips

To support your claims, you must maintain certain records, including:

  • Receipts for all expenses incurred, including those for depreciable assets.
  • Diary entries for small expenses ($10 or less, totaling no more than $200), or expenses for which you are unable to obtain any form of evidence, regardless of the amount, such as stationery.
  • Detailed phone bills accounting for all work-related calls. If you do not have itemised bills, you can reasonably estimate call costs using a four-week diary records and relevant telephone bills.



Leave a Reply